3 Days after Pulwama suicide-bombing in which 40 CRPF jawans were killed, the Jammu and Kashmir administration Sunday withdrew security cover provided to five separatist leaders including Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, reported news agency PTI.
“No security cover will be provided under any pretext to these five leaders and other separatists,” a senior security official told PTI. The other four leaders are Shabir Shah, Bilal Lone, Hashim Qureshi, and Abdul Ghani Bhat.
According to the order, all security and vehicles provided to the separatists will stand withdrawn by Sunday evening. No security forces or cover will be provided, under any pretext, to them or any other separatists. If they have any other facilities provided by the government, they are to be withdrawn forthwith.
Priorly, The Jammu and Kashmir administration had said that the Kashmiri separatist leaders, who had been suspiciously approached with Pakistan’s intelligence agency ISI, had been asked to review the security. A top official had said that the central government had given a suggestion, after which security will be reviewed by those individuals who have doubts about the relationship with the ISI. He further said that the Home Secretary of the Jammu and Kashmir government will review the security received by the separatists and then take a decision on withdrawal. He also said that the state government will review the security received by the separatists as most of them provide security to the Jammu and Kashmir Police.