Shailendra Singh Monty was born on 15th May 1973 in an affluent Jat Family In Delhi and currently is a resident of Hauz Khas Village. He did his schooling from St. Paul’s and pursued his graduation in Hotel Management from Pusa Institute, Delhi. As a young boy, he was always inspired by the stories of the great patriots of the nation and had a dream of working for the progress of the nation. After being influenced and inspired by the nationalist spirit and vision of the RSS. In 1998 he joins BJP.
This one act changed his life forever by transforming him into a confident, articulate and multi-faceted politician who is well respected by the electorate of his constituency.
Shailender singh Monty joined BJP
After being a member of Bhartiya Janta Party, Shailender Singh Monty has always strived towards achieving the goal of social justice explicitly mentioned in the Preamble of the Constitution of India, 1950. Mr. Singh won his first counsellor elections of ( name of the constituency from which he won) by 2200 votes in 2007 and the second election of (name of the constituency from which he won) in 2012 by 5600 votes. His constituency is popularly known for the best developed and maintained parks, regular cleanliness drives and filling of potholes etc. He is also known for resolving the day to day grievances of Resident Welfare Association ( RWA) on the spot.
Therefore, in 2017 the candidate introduced by him from his ward won from ( name of the constituency from which he won) by 6000 votes. He was also a Member of Delhi Jal Board from 2008 to 2010, and was also the Chairman of Health Committee from ( duration ), The Chairman for the Appointment and Disciplinary Committee ( duration), Chairman of South Zone ( duration) and took Narendra Modi Ji’s vision forward by becoming the Chairman of Standing Committee from 2016 to 2017.
He has also keen interest in Cricket, and Badminton. He has been a regular organiser of Local Cricket Tournament in Green Park Area.
Achievement in Public Life
Shailender Singh Monty has the ability to keep his ear to the ground and of establishing deep and lasting connect with his party workers has enabled him to work towards achieving social justice by:
- Increasing the revenue of South Delhi Municipal Corporation by 100 Cr
- Launching the facility of complete online licensing with the support of his team
- Starting 100% rebate on penalty for house tax defaulters Vigorously campaigning with his team for encouraging people to download and use Bhartiya Janta Party’s Program developed in National and Public interest
- Fixing mobile compactor garbage collection system
- Correcting and repairing water logging points of the constituency
- Repairing and developing better drainage network in record time for better drainage and rainwater discharge system
- Actively encouraging like-minded socialists to become an active member of Bhartiya Janta Party with an aim to widen its base
Shailender Singh Monty; Report Card
With an aim to work towards the upliftment and betterment of the poor, Mr Shailender Singh Monty during his tenure of being the councillor for 10 years has undertaken the following initiatives:
Upliftment of Municipal schools in his constituency
During his tenure as a councillor, Shailender Singh Monty Ji got all the schools in his constituency reconstructed with modern amenities such as smart classes, online teaching modules. At the beginning of the new session, he distributed bags to all the students of primary MCD schools.
Development in the Constituency
● Introduction of fixed compactors ( garbage) in South Delhi Municipal Corporation
● Provision of leaf shredders for the nursery for easy decomposition of green waste
● Construction of community centres for social gatherings and marriages
● Opening gyms, fibre swings for children, gazebo huts for the elderly in all the parks in his constituency
● Construction of adventure park for children in all the McD’s situated in his constituency
● Installation of Green pier (smoke-free) in the crematorium located in his constituency
● Reconstruction of all markets for beautification
● Establishment of recreation centres for senior citizens and including facilities of computer classes
● Initiated largest LED light program SDMC between 2016-17
● Establishment of Swachhata sevak vishraam kendras for all swachhata sewaks
● Construction of permanent ghats for Chhath puja and renouncing of several lanes based on religious sentiments of mass winning heart
● Reduction of documents required for health license and making the procedure online and corruption-free under the ‘ease of doing business’ as envisaged by Prime Minister Narendra Modi Ji
● resolving problems related to road reconstruction, park maintenance and street lights by organizing inspection rounds between 9-11 am